Children in this year group are usually eight or nine years old. Their core skills are developing as they become increasingly independent. The will be asked to give justifications for their answers and explain more than one method of reaching an answer.
Here are some samples of the Literacy and Science work undertaken in Year 4.
- Stories Set in Imaginary Worlds
- Information Texts
- Stories from Other Cultures
- Poetry Creating Images
- Poetry Exploring Form
- Issues and Dilemmas
- Stories with a Historical Setting
- Persuasion Texts including Letters and Advertisements
- Keeping Warm
- Solids and Luquids
- Electricity Circuits and Conductors
- Moving and Growing