Primary School Vacancies
All applicants for positions in the primary school in either campus should be aware of the following:
- the school is striving to develop a comprehensive programme of educational visits and a willingness to participate in these visits is essential,
- they will be asked to run one after school activity each term.
- Nursery teacher.
- Year 1 teacher.
- Year 2 teacher.
- Year 3 teacher.
- Year 5 teacher.
- Year 6 teacher.
- Art teacher: must be able to teach from Year 1 to Year 8.
- Computing teacher: must be able to teach from Year 1 to Year 8.
- Mandarin teacher: must be able to teach from Year 2 to Year 8.
- Myanmar culture and language teacher: must be able to teach from Year 1 to Year 8.
- Music teacher: must be able to teach from Year 1 to Year 8.
- Physical Education teacher: must be able to teach from Year 1 to Year 8.
We are no longer accepting applications for the following vacancies at our Mandalay campus as the positions have now been filled.
- Reception teacher.
- Year 4 teacher.
- Head of the EAL Department: to lead a whole school department, i.e primary and secondary, currently consisting of four teachers, two expatriates and two Myanmar nationals. The ability to teach IGCSE English as a Second Language is essential. Whilst this vacancy is for an August 2018 an earlier start is possible.
- Mandarin teacher: must be able / willing to teach from Year 1 to Year 6. Candidates who are able to start before August 2018 are especially welcome to apply.
- Reception teacher: to join our Early Years team. Experience of teaching the EYFS is essential. August 2018 start.
- Upper Key Stage 2 teacher: experience of teaching the English National Curriculum is essential. August 2018 start.
We are no longer accepting applications for the following vacancy at our Yangon campus as the position has now been filled.
- Year 1 teacher.
Mandalay and Yangon Campuses
- Teaching Assistants (Myanmar nationals only): Please send a CV and brief covering letter explaining why you want to work as a Teaching Assistant in the MISY primary schools. Please state which campus you are applying to work at, Mandalay or Yangon.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in MISY and for taking the time to apply; however please note that only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
General Expressions of Interest:
The school accepts general expressions of interest on a rolling basis.
Child Protection and Equal Opportunity Statement: Successful appointments will be subject to satisfactory references and verification of qualifications. The Myanmar International School Yangon is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with previous employers and national/international disclosure services. As a fully inclusive school, Myanmar International School Yangon welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of nationality, age, disability, gender, ethnicity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
This page last updated - Wednesday April 11th 2018.